Tomorrow if we or our generations are getting killed in the US, would you say the same thing. Now do you understand why the country needs to care about its people no matter where they are.
He is talking about himself....dont worry.
But let's not let it affect our community. Let's not let a few bad apples ruin that unmistakable bond we feel in America when we spot a fellow desi from afar. Now, any time I approach a desi to make a friend, I state in a jovial-yet-serious way, "don't worry, I'm not one of those Amway guys!" That's obviously not the first thing I say, but I make sure to throw that line in during the first minute or so of the conversation. If the fellow desi knows Amway, it gets a laugh, "oh, phew, that's a relief!" Once at an IKEA, I saw a desi who seemed to be following me. Turned out he wasn't following me at all. I asked him in a clearly joking tone, "Please tell me you're not with Amway!" He burst out laughing and we became friends (needless to say, he was not with Amway!).
So why don't we all agree on a similar approach? If we meet each other in public, let's simply state that we're not with Amway. And if you're accosted, simply ask that person if they're affiliated with Amway. Plain and simple.
How does this sound to others?
Sounds like a good approach. I am going to use this line as a greeter in the future.
I have been donating more money to IV over 4 years then you do, and will keep on doing. Do you?
There are lot of action items to meeting lawmakers. Why don't get your focus on that?
IMO IV is not a social networking site for Indians. IV was established for a purpose. Anything that goes against IVs intention should be deleted.
First of all this topic is not at all related to immigration.
More importantly this thread will cause lot of bad publicity for us.
After few weeks you will see TR and Co picking up on this thread and quoting it.
It doesn't matter whether YSR is good or bad, speaking ill of a dead person is considered uncivilized.
Amitabh Mishra From Sunnyvale area California. You can find this stalker in Sunnyvale area.
More than the money, these guys are plain stalkers! They don't leave you even if you are not interested and even after blindly telling them right on their face. Anywhere you go, Costco, Walmrt, Indian grocery stores, Malls these guys are right behind you. Next time i am calling COPS and i am going to report these guys.
Enough of leaving it or taking it lightly becasue of so called "your countrymen" stuff.
what a PITA!
Will it be possible to get emergency legislation to capture unused EB numbers for the past several years????
Is it possible to escape the radars of the likes of Durbin & Sanders?
DOS allocates GC numbers to USCIS adjustment cases only as the point of approval is reached. DOS can set/move/retrogress PD based on info provided by USCIS about number of cases at point of approval.
USCIS is not able to provide a good estimate of this number because
it can not calculate this number based on USCISs workload, and
it does not know the number of cases DOL will send to them. DOL again can not calculate the number of cases (it will send to USCIS) based on DOLs worload.
The following are from page 35 and beginning of page 36
The key to addressing this management issue at USCIS is to understand the dynamic interplay of priority dates and shifting workloads of three departments, and to know with greater precision and accuracy the size and details of USCIS� workloads.
The tri-agency meetings seek to expand inter-agency communication regarding expected new demands and surges, workflows, and priority dates. During the meetings, there is an examination of the case management systems and data collection processes used to assess workflows through each entity, particularly USCIS.
Although USCIS stated in its 2006 Annual Report Response (at p. 8) that it provides detailed data to DOS, the tri-agency group identified gaps in USCIS� data.
USCIS dint know about the desi consulting companies r the kind 'if we give them place at the feet...they r ready to cut the throat...!'
they shud have done it long ago...Anyway better late than never....!!
Someone in this thread was saying about Indians landing in USA for the first time were taken immediately to Amway meetings ....that is true
It happened to me and my roommate within one month of landing. I didn't knew driving nor did my roommate and 2 amway jokers (from same company where i worked) came and took as to the meeting under the pretext of showing us places in US. Once I reached to their meeting place in some hotel, I thought it must be genuine/good business because hotel (I think it was Marriott) was so good (first time to hotel outside india ). Then the presentation started and I could see only Indians, soon after presentation was over other jokers started approaching as but they could hardly speak English, this raised alarm and my roommate said to me how can such people do business when they cannot speak also and we noticed lots of people from one particular part of India. After this we decided to leave but it was hard ...because we had no car and it was very cold outside (8pm) and joker tried to force us to sign the membership else ....indirectly meant you go home alone.... but we didn't sign told him that we will do it latter and since he was from our office he had to drop us back home but after looong--looong wait.
I want some Amway Joker to say that they don't do this kind of cheap and dirty things...... if you make so much money then why bother others.
Did he run away with tail between his legs.
Given out present plight,we all seem to be the posterchild of his very engaging book titled "Audacity of HOPE" :-P
... No work is small or big , good or bad , work is work.. ... Grow up.
India and China are not sending multiple skilled-immigrant teams to the US. They have come here on their own either to work or study and they are being hired by American companies on the basis of merit, same as everyone else.
Other than the fact that there is a large talent pool of high-tech workers in India and China, there's nothing that stops them for hiring more skilled immigrants from other countries.
If the US truly believes in a quota system for employment based immigration, it should reflect in the workforce first. Enforce the quota system while issuing F1/H1 visas. Then you will also ensure true diversity (only among immigrants) in the workforce.
What you have is two classes of immigrant workers in the same company - those who belong to retrogressed categories and those who are not, with similar qualifications and with similar roles. The difference is that in a few years, the workers who get the green card sooner will have the ability to pursue other opportunities while the other class of workers grind away. With the current scenario, a future colleague from a ROW country can join 6-8 years after me and still get the green card ahead of me. How can you say that it is not discrimination?
If you remove the per country quota, the ROW candidates might have to wait for 3 years instead of 1, but the Indian/Chinese candidates will have to wait for 3 years instead of 8-10. I don't think removing the per country quota will harm ROW folks as much as it'll benefit Indians and Chinese AND it'll ensure fairness.
Per country limit applies to every country in exactly the same way. It doesn't discriminate between Chad or China. So, how is it discrimination? And think about it- in Olympics soccer/basketball every country can send only one team. Should China and India be allowed to send more teams since they have a larger population? We should try to increase the number of GCs.
1) Three of his Cabinet ministers belonging to DMK/NCP/PMK after travelling abroad --including to Tax Havens refused to give reports of their foreign trips to PMO. PMO Could not /did not do anything
2) The HRD minster Arjun singh did not attend any Cabinet meetings under Singh --the mumbling PM could not /did not even ask for an explanation.
3) He was forced to give pensions for Marxists Terrorists of Telengana who fought against the Indian state in 1948 -under freedom fighters category . He did not have guts to point out that you cannot give such pensions to those who fought the Indian army
4) He donated nearly Rs.60 Crores to Cambridge[ to celebrate the admission of Nehru] and Harvard [ Perhaps to reduce the Stock Market losses! of their funds] when Indian institutions are crying for funds. He fumbled when he was "instructed" by number 10.
5) He Promised a Terror Law in a Governor's Conference to be over ruled by his own Party's Spokesperson who got instructions from number 10
6) DMK Chief announced the new Cabinet Minister [ Raja] for Tele communication from Chennai—instead of PMO announcing the new Cabinet Minster.
7) As a Finance Minister in 1991 --his first task was to grant Rs.100 Crores for Rajiv Foundation and was over ruled by PVN after a hue and cry.The same obeisance he showed as PM to number 10.
8) He's plainly & cunningly refusing to contest election, simply seeking backdoor entry to the PMO, thru the puupet string from number 10
9) Plainly refused to debate with LK Advani, reason ?? Don't have a single credit to talk about.
Also in case you haven't visited India in last 5 years and don't know the ground realities and all our knowledge is based on Indian media(NDTV, IBN, Hindustan times) , here's a clip from CAG report which will tell you how poor this govt's performance was
" CAG report on NREGA has said that out of the 3.81 crore rural households that registered under the scheme, only 22 lakh households — a mere 6% — got 100 days of legally guaranteed employment; project completion rate in National Highways fell from 81% in 2004-05 to 17% in 2007-2008; the 11th Plan had set a target of adding 90,700 MW of power; yet in its first seven quarters, a mere 10,877 MW has been added; and leakages continue unabated and unchecked in PDS. Given the Manmohan Singh government’s well-earned reputation for weakness on these issues, convincing the electorate will be no mean task."
you can read the whole article at
If you have more please add here.........
should be ' NO CHANGE'
i.e. continue with what we had for the past 5 years
India deserves nothing but the best and so there should be 'No Change' in leadership
i cant even understand a single word
is it going to effect the students who did their masters here?
right now im working as a contractor i did my masters over here
is it gonna effect me now
Probably not right away; unlikely they will cancel existing visas.
But over time those working for consulting companies could face hurdles at every step of the way, extensions, visa stampings and even at port of entry.
Use your time to find a permanent job.
Good Things about IV
1. IV Core does not conduct its business in the forum. They learnt this lesson a long time ago.
2. All their work is done in the donor forum and behind the scenes by volunteers
3. If they feel that any idea is worth pursuing they invite that person (with the idea) behind the scenes and pursue that idea
4. All the work is done by IV members themselves because they are helping themselves
5. IV members are investing time and money to do work which impacts a large number of immigrants
6. That is a professional way to do stuff and i admire the way work is done at IV
Concerns of IV
1. IV always states about the lack of will of people to do something for themselves
2. IV always states that people just comment on forum but do not step forward to do stuff
3. IV always says that people do not donate enough and without donation a grassroot organization will not survive
What IV is doing wrong
1. IV talks about a holistic approach whereby the benefit to EB community will trickle down and once EB2 will become current EB3 will get benefit of spillover
2. IV is assuming EB2 will become current but with the number of indians coming to USA and number of indian students who will graduate from MS courses in USA over the next 5 years EB2I will always be backlogged
3. Plus we are not even talking about EB2 ROW and EB3ROW demand which could go up
4. Supporting the DV 55k bill to US educated GC applicants on the whole looks like a great plan. Sure here are 55k and here are about 150 k GC applicants. 150 - 50 IS 100 K. So if the bill passes we reduce the backlog by 50 k. Now i will am one of the person who will be getting a GC because i am US educated but my opposition to this bill is on principle
5. What IV has to realise is that it is not only IV members specifically but it is a whole lot of non IV members who are EB3 who have been a bigger person in this whole immigration retorgression advocacy scheme of things till now.
How let me explain. We have seen EB3 persons from 2002 who are still waiting for GC and who are not getting spill over visas because EB2 is using up all the spill over visas. So do you see any EB3 now complaining about the rule change supported by IV and made by USCIS whereby EB2 gets spill over visas. NO we do not see any EB3 complaining. That is because EB3 as a whole understands that that rule in the past being interpeted in a wrong way and the current way is the correct interpetation. Sure the old method gave EB3 some extra spill over visa benefit but the new interpetation caused EB3 to dry up compleletly. Now that in itself is against the very nature of self preservation by definition, But EB3 went along for the greater good
What IV can do right
1. Now we have this 55K DV Bill. This is something different from the spillover (which is law and cannot be changed). This is one time oppurtunity to alieviate the sufferings of EB group as a whole. So can IV which is supposed to be talking for the whole EB community do the right thing here and ensure (with advocacy they are so good at) that IV's stand is that 55K visa are given to all GC applicant from retrogressed countries based on oldest priority date first irrespective of EB2 and EB3.
2. The concequence of such a move is that long retrogressed EB applicants will get relief (Which is one of the point IV talks about in their charter)
3. Sure Many US educated applicants from EB2 and EB3 will oppose this move because lets face it, this move impacts their getting GC sooner. And if they behave like that they are in the same category as EB2 guys on this forum who do not entertain any idea which will impact their getting GC soon.
What wil happen if IV does the above
1. The DV 55K bill will NEVER pass in congress. This along with the other bills we have seen will bite the dust because no one in the current economic scenario would like to see more immigrants (US educated or not)
2. The DV 55K bill will fail but IV would have achieved what it has failed to do till now. Get the support of EB3 community which they claim to represent.
How how does this work. This is a suggestion for discussion NOT a diktat to IV core to implement. If IV core does not allow discussion on this (and moderate this because frankly some of your existing advocacy group members and volunteers do not know what a discussion is and come out both fists swinging) then that is IV core perogative. they have that right since this is their system and they worked hard for it, and they believe what they say is right.
One question i do have for all the members who have argued with me here. Have you seen all the discussion i have participated under and my other posts. Please do that before yelling that i was a member since 2006 and freeloader and all that. You need to do this because if i am you enemy (Scounderal, Liad weed, Anti Immgrant, Future USA etc) then don't you think to know your enemy is better.
On a funny flip side ...............................
How will this be treated by the current members
Ohh He is a liar, cheat, sounderrl, absurer, voilent person, free loader, smooch, weed, Anti Immgrant, future USA and other unspeakable things
By the way guys i am a She not a He
Everything that people have said here suggests that EB3-ROW should be leaping forward.
It had been moving forward at the rate of 2 months / month (in one month, the date would move ahead by two months.) Then it slowed down to a month/month. And then in December, it just stopped.
The black hole called USCIS, from which no data can escape, says there is high demand of visa numbers even in the EB-3 ROW.
Maybe all this demand is coming from those other black holes, the backlog elimination centers.
After reading through the forums, I understand the EB3-World needs to become current for any others to move forward.
But now I notice that EB3-World itself has stopped moving after jumping for some months. Any reasons? (The 245i is already cleared and now it is in Aug 02)
Is there any other 245is preventing it????