Monday, July 4, 2011

images %IMG_DESC_8% . %IMG_DESC_1%
  • %IMG_DESC_1%



  • ramaonline
    06-01 03:09 PM
    Thanks for the post

    I have been working here for 9 years and next year we plan to return back to India. I spoke to SSN customer service to find out my retirement and survivor benefits. Being an Indian citizen, all these are available only if me, or my dependants, have a valid residing status with the US, at the time of making the application. The contribution at this point is like getting a right to work.

    Per the current grey SS Rules, you cannot claim SS benefits on retirement if you are an Indian citizen residing in India at the time of filing the claim. (Even if you have accumulated 40 credits)





    wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1% . %IMG_DESC_2%
  • %IMG_DESC_2%



  • Jerrome
    09-24 05:40 PM
    Scenario 1:

    Assumptions on Visa Usage by EB1 + EB2 ROW

    1) About the Volume of EB1+ ROW for this year
    (Pending + 2010) Total GC Spill over
    EB1 ALL 4050 + 4050 8100 21995
    EB2 ROW 7871 + 7871 15742 10492 (Total of 32487)

    2) This data is as of August 25 2009, So in the months of September and October approval for India and China assume overall 3000+2000 = 5000

    3) I have not considered EB4+EB5 spill over because that would be a bonus and would result in 2-3 months variation.

    4) Spill over is 50% between China and India
    China would get (16223 spill over + 2387 regular), so china would become current
    India would get (16223 spilover+2387 regular), so India would move to March 06
    5) Let us say 3000 are un-approvable so they will move to June 06
    Scenario 2:
    If the volume of EB1+ROW for this year is 50% of pending then it would result of additional 6000 visas, India would move additional 6 months to December 2006.


    Scenario 3:

    If the volume of EB1+ROW for this year is 25% of pending then it would result of additional 9000 visas, India would move additional 6 months to May 2007.

    I don�t think in any case they won�t move beyond May 2007 for EB2 India as they would not want to add more cases to the Backlog.


    In my gut feel I think Scenario 1 has 60% possibility, 2 has 30% possibility and 3 has 10% possibility/





    . %IMG_DESC_3%
  • %IMG_DESC_3%



  • yabadaba
    08-04 03:05 PM
    seriously...when we are done with our current task of retrogression relief we should modify IV's goals to ensure that loopholes like labor substitution are eliminated.

    let us get credible as a citizen effort for fair, reliable and efficient immigration process.





    2011 %IMG_DESC_2% . %IMG_DESC_4%
  • %IMG_DESC_4%



  • Kodi
    05-12 10:59 AM
    What exactly is LTTE is asking for? They're asking for a seperate land within sri lanka and make it part of Tamil Nadu. So along that line of thought then why is India fighting for Kashmir?

    Some of you are talking about a policy change. Can you tell me which policies that's in practice NOW discriminates tamils?

    Read the artical below when u have time.
    http://www.defence.lk/new.asp?fname=20090310_04



    more...


    . %IMG_DESC_5%
  • %IMG_DESC_5%



  • vjkypally
    07-24 05:10 PM
    Agree with few points in your argument though overall it went little overboard. Whisky Line??? Are you implying there are no lines in US? Ever heard about GC Line???????:))))))I havent waited for 5 to 7 yrs in India for anything and not got it. Maximum I waited would be Tirupati temple for 12-14 hrs:)





    . %IMG_DESC_6%
  • %IMG_DESC_6%



  • raydon
    08-17 11:25 AM
    Does president OBAMA come through US port-of-entry and all the security checks when he lands on US from a trip abroad? or does he land directly in white house? Don't tell me the US officials don't make exceptions. Only the degree to which they do differs from country to country.

    President Obama travels by Air Force One and might not go through regular airport terminals like the rest of us. For the US, only heads of state of countries are exempt from security checks. So the current Prime Minister and President of India will not go through security checks. Note, this holds good only for current heads of state. Abdul Kalam was a head of State, but not during the time when he was searched by Continental.

    Btw, the list of VVIPs in India is ridiculous, like the whole Sonia Gandhi family, including her son-in-law.



    more...


    . %IMG_DESC_7%
  • %IMG_DESC_7%



  • JunRN
    02-12 07:14 PM
    We are all expecting that the VB will go back to June 2007 figure...it looks like that RoW has been so fast in getting the latest PD back which could come in a very few months time.

    I was not expecting this to come too soon but in June 2008.





    2010 %IMG_DESC_3% . %IMG_DESC_8%
  • %IMG_DESC_8%



  • BharatPremi
    12-13 05:52 PM
    Note that it would certainly not benefit the other 60%+ from countries other than India that are also stuck in various steps (EB3, name check). So, unless you want IV to stand for IndiaVoice, you should concentrate your admirable effort on increasing the overall quota (with increased per-country quota), excluding dependents, etc.

    Do not worry about that. IV has everything in the agenda what you mentioned.This thread is about 'Constitutionality argument against per-country ceilings'.Nobody here is saying to promote the fight against "Per country ceiling" ONLY.



    more...


    . %IMG_DESC_9%
  • %IMG_DESC_9%



  • knowDOL
    05-19 09:44 AM
    August 2003 is a good PD if it were EB2 and you could have stayed with your company. I heard in this forum from someone that, if the person is Masters graduate and worked in related for three years they are exempt from cap even though they applied in EB3 category. If this is true, it is good for you to stay in your current company and not try substitution. If this is not true and if I were you I would have gone for substitution.

    What ever you do, do it with good terms with your current employer, so you can come back and join them and be able to use the 2003 PD, if some thing goes wrong with your substitution. If you leave the company and join something else, if you think that you cannot join them back, then it may not worth it. Again, it depends on your personal situation, if you don't have a spouse who is waiting for EAD to work, you should not be risking this.





    hair %IMG_DESC_4% . %IMG_DESC_10%
  • %IMG_DESC_10%



  • ardnahc
    07-21 05:56 PM
    I concur with all the folks in this forum here.

    This reminded me of one of my experiences with Amway guys. This dude comes to me in a mall and started off with his usual "Amway - styled" conversation and finally said that he owns a site similar to amazon.com. That is when I realized and stopped him right there and said "We already have amazon.com, why do you want to open a new one?" he was dumb-founded for a sec then he pretended to attend a phone call and stepped away.



    more...


    . %IMG_DESC_11%
  • %IMG_DESC_11%



  • abhijitp
    07-03 05:04 PM
    As far as past IV threads, here is one and I am sure Pappu knows it as he has posted lots of links there:
    http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=694&page=8

    A list of contacts for Public radio/TV such as NPR and PBS:
    http://www.npr.org/contact/

    Here is another... and this makes me think we should look for media contacts at other pro as well as anti-immigration websites.

    http://www.conservativeusa.org/megalink.htm

    Here is one more:
    http://www.webcom.com/~leavitt/medialist.html





    hot %IMG_DESC_5% . %IMG_DESC_12%
  • %IMG_DESC_12%



  • vagish
    05-09 09:46 PM
    Did you get a job in US before you came to US. Most probably not.
    There are a lot of people who come to US blindly like students or consultants. They also landed up jobs (doing what they were meant for and not as cabbies or as janitors) and built careers.

    There are no or few body shoppers in canada because there are only a few shops :-D

    For the majority this is true in US. This is what land of opportunity means.
    It might be true for a few cases in Canada but for the majority it is false advertisement. Canada is not a land of opportunity. This is not a few of those who have been burnt talking. Try getting a job in Canada. Look at the salaries for yourselves.

    Folks am again telling this for your own benefit only. I have nothing to gain. I was not wise to do that. So thought I would guide the poor wandering souls here. Dont waste your dollars in Canada PR when you have US GC pending. It will do you no good.

    I wont post on this thread again :)

    ---DISCLAIMER: ABOVE ARE MY VIEWS ONLY AND MAY BE FALSE---

    I disagree, I have friends who are DBA's ( oracle and DB2 ) , I know he has been working for $85/hr in canada from the past five years, there are lots of insurance , financial bank in canada, and also for SAP consultants there are excellent oppurtunities in alberta ( HUB OF OIL COMPANIES ) , I know lots of people are driveing TAXI but some body with experience should not find it immposible. Another friend of mine from INDIA landed directly in toronto, with only 2 years experience in .NET , with in four months he got a job.

    So again if you do ur homework, you can settle down with ease in canada.

    thanks



    more...


    house %IMG_DESC_17% . %IMG_DESC_13%
  • %IMG_DESC_13%



  • snram4
    01-22 04:05 PM
    No need to regret. There are plenty of opportunities in India for right people. Salary is on par with USA.

    I pity people who have coming to USA is foremost objective. In my case, i came to USA 7 years ago. Atleast i earned few bucks. But people who are dreaming about USA and taking education loans with the intention to payoff once they land in USA. It also includes people coming here on F1 with intention to work here. I feel really sorry!!!





    tattoo %IMG_DESC_6% . %IMG_DESC_14%
  • %IMG_DESC_14%



  • mxh72c
    07-16 09:58 PM
    Does anybody know how many EB2-I and EB2-ROW PERMs were processed for 2006, 2007 and 2008? Once we know these numbers it will be easy to predict EB2-I movement as all of the spillover numbers will be used primarily by EB2 India.



    more...


    pictures %IMG_DESC_7% . %IMG_DESC_15%
  • %IMG_DESC_15%



  • gonecrazyonh4
    07-03 08:29 PM
    Done my part hoping it would help





    dresses %IMG_DESC_12% . %IMG_DESC_16%
  • %IMG_DESC_16%



  • nandakumar
    05-11 07:14 PM
    I never stated that I support LTTE.

    I understand, how intolerant you are. What is wrong in protesting or showing resentment?

    Wrong! Stop assuming dude. People are here because they need the Green Card. We don't take an oath to renounce loyalties when we get it. Of course your intention is clear and I am thankful that we Indians don't need to count on you. Of course, its interesting that you are quite happy being a US Citizen when it's the US which has called the LTTE a terrorist organization. Hmm, I hope you did your research. Anyway, too late. We don't need you anymore in India and like I said earlier, good riddance. All the best!



    more...


    makeup %IMG_DESC_9% . %IMG_DESC_17%
  • %IMG_DESC_17%



  • H1B-GC
    02-06 02:44 PM
    i consider Mathew Oh,the most considerate and highy respected.His Q&A's are very individual centric but still answers those questions and posts those on his site.He provides links to other sites like immigrationportal.com though both of them are in immigration business(Simply Amazing).And he was the only one who was helpling us or showing real concern during s.1932 fiasco.Simply an Oustanding guy.Next comes Rajiv khanna since he never moderates the forum or censors other immigration sites in the forum.And for his lawsuit on behalf of all EB immigrants in 2002/2003.

    And Regarding s.1932,it was posted on the Murthy site as breaking News :eek: after a week i believe that the Bill wasn't passed in the senate/house.It was a Joke of 2005!! :D





    girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14% . %IMG_DESC_18%
  • %IMG_DESC_18%



  • akred
    06-27 11:19 PM
    Christ is god's son! He does not need a Green Card or any other color card :D So what is the point of making it 0?:p

    First, prove there is a god.

    Is there a birth certificate somewhere? Was it registered timely and does it have the First Name and Last Name for mother father and son?





    hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11% . %IMG_DESC_19%
  • %IMG_DESC_19%



  • wellwishergc
    07-03 04:32 PM
    I would suggest getting the congressmen/senators' attention on this issue. If not a short-term benefit, this issue may give us mileage to get a legal-immigration based bill rolling this year.

    Here is one more to digg

    http://digg.com/politics/Rep_Lofgren_Issues_Statement_on_Updated_Visa_Bulle tin





    a_yaja
    07-21 02:58 PM
    I have come across quite a few of the Amway/ Quickstart folks. Like most of the people have described here, they usually approach me in Walmart, Meijer, etc. My first experience was in the temple. This dude and his wife went "oh wow! you know so many languages." After talking to the dude, he said that he knew some of my childhood friends and he remembered my face and that we could have possibly played cricket together in our childhood days (this itself should have raised red flags - but I was naive then and didn't think twice). Long story short, we exchanged phone #s and next day he called me and asked me to meet him at his home. He was running an "ecomm business" and was looking for partners. I asked him if he was talking about Amway and he innocently asked me "What is Amway?" I agreed to meet him but something bothered me. I called up another childhood friend who was in Amway and asked him about this dude. Sure enough he was an Amway-ite and already a "Diamond". I was mad and did not go to his house. He called me a couple of times but I never picked up the phone.

    That encounter was a bitter experience for me and I decided that I will not entertain any more desis who do cold contacts. However, soon I forgot all about him and I had 2 or 3 more such "cold" contacts (it took me about 3 more experiences to realize the Amyay "cold" contact pattern). I decided that enough was enough. From then on if a desi approached me in any of the stores and decided to do a "cold" contact, I would be on my guard. I would not become angry or irritated (after all they are humans too and they are just doing what they believe will give them a better life) - I would just steer the conversation to what I would like to do in my life. I would spin some yarn about how I am really happy volunteering to help kids in 1st and 2nd grade improve their English reading skills (which I really did) or how I liked taking part in the local community college's adult literacy program (helping adults prepare for GEDs, etc - again which is something I do). I would then go on and become philosophical about how these days everyone is after money and think about money all the time and how this is creating a very unhealthy state of mind, especially among Indians. I would make sure to tell the person that I would not like to go down that path and being a pious Hindu, my goal is to attain Moksha by leading a simple life.

    By this time if the dude has not run away from me, I will ask him what his objectives are. Usually they say that they can understand where I am coming from and congratulate me for all my community service (I am rolling all over the place in my head - but somehow keep a straight face). One guy even went so far as to tell me that he is on the other end of the spectrum and he gives away a lot of money in charity. He even told me that I should consider going that route as well. After the meeting, I call up my Amway friend and ask him if XYZ is in Amway and the answer has always been yes.
    Inspite of all this if the dude asks for my phone number (and this has happened once), I come up with the story that I forgot to bring my cell phone and proceed to give the person the phone # of the local pharmacy. I also suggest that he give a "missed call" (again rolled all over the place in my head when he gave a missed call) so that I can note down his # when I go home.
    I just had to get this off my chest when I saw the Amway thread. Hopefully others can also turn a potentially unpleasant situation into a pleasant situation and have fun at some other person's expense.





    aka
    12-13 11:50 AM
    Discrimination in employment based on nationality is not allowed. However, can we extend the argument to the employment based immigration? We can always choose to take that promotion though we will lose our place in the queue.

    Leaving the question of fairness aside, under the current legal framework my guess is we do not have a case.

    This is a very interesting angle... even though on the surface it looks like we have a choice in taking that promotion and losing our place in queue, it is not really a choice. Do this a couple of times and your six years on H1-B expire, you basically have to leave your job and go back to your country. So taking a promotion is eventually a dead end. I think by extension, we can legally argue that this per-country based quota system is really (inadvertently) leading to discrimination in our employment based on nationality (which is unconstitutional).



    No comments:

    Post a Comment