Constitute says Non-discrimination based on race, sex, country of origin etc. If some one prove in supreme court that per-country quota for Employment based and Family based immigration is violating the constitutional right, Supreme court can overrule this law of per-country quota. It is worth to take advise of expert attorney.
This is my 2 cents !!
BTW , Where is the fourth pillar? :)
Emotional Bravado Talk is a poor substitute to calm ruthless analysis approach.
Why don't you sue DMV or Michigan congress (if possible).
If the supporters of lawsuit are really enraged as they claim to be then there next post will be detailing their conversations with Rajiv Khanna, hopefully making a case for a lawsuit. They will have to put the down payment of ~600 dollars.
Until then this lawsuit loose talk will remain just that , loose talk . Fit to be dismissed.
Outsourcing is going to happen or not its a different story. US has shifted 99% of it manufacturing jobs, if all admin , it jobs are going to go away where does the money come from to run this country ? Eitherways it is going to happen more in recession, but how is that going to effect our outlook in this discussion ?
1. Do we need get our education evaluation done, i am from india with Bsc +Msc(physic) +PGDCA.Will they
consider degree from India as valid with any evaluations.
2.For experience what i plan to do is give notarized copies of experience letter,paystubbs. Probably lot
of paystubs so that it looks complete, appointment letter, W2 forms.
3. Bank statements
4.Mariage certificate + Birth related documents (notarized)
5. IF some of you can share some Formats which you guys have used to write letter to CIC so that you
get waivered of you English test.
Has anybody really tried to get a mortgage recently? I have been denied by 8 lenders so far simply because I don't have a green card. Most lenders have tightened their underwriting guidelines. They will give mortgages only to U.S.Citizens or somebody who is a permanent resident aka having a green card. There are very very few lenders who will give mortgages to somebody on a visa and the rates may not be very favorable.
Back in the 19th century then experienced phases where too many Irish came into the country in waves and then too many Chinese - both of which did not go down well with Americans raising Xenophobia to new levels and causing trouble for the immigrants .
This is why they decided to get an even mix of people from all countries and prevent a surge of people from any one country. They have no reason not to apply the same logic for the employment category.
Like an ROW person said on another forum, Indians will find any number of reasons to support removal of country cap, but we can find an equal number of reasons to retain country cap.
Leaving aside the difference of opinion between Indians and ROWs on this topic, we should also look at which side Americans are inclined to take. Based on History, they would actually side with ROWs on this one.
Also note that pre-adjudication is not a very recent phenomenon USCIS service centers especially NSC has been doing it since late 2005!
On the other hand though, those on the other side will think that this proves their point --- they are losing jobs and money -- immigrants are taking it. They are losing houses and properties --- immigrants are taking it. They will put the blame on us.
note reagrading the EB-3 category two weeks ago...
===>EB-3 Other Worker Visa Availability Update posted Jun. 15, 2007
USCIS has informed AILA Liaison that the State Dept. has advised that the EB
-3 Other Worker category has been exhausted. USCIS HQ has informed the TSC
and the NSC to reject EB-3 Other Worker adjustment applications even though
the June Visa Bulletin shows visa availability. AILA believes this
instruction is contrary to 8 CFR 245.1(g)(1) and has raised the issue with
USCIS HQ. Watch InfoNet for further developments.
At least on this forum we can have the resolve to fight such people who are hurting most of us.
Good that DOL/USCIS is getting rid of labor selling by voiding after 45 days
( in the final rule that might be raised a bit ...to 90days ...which is justified and reasonable)
Not to mention that if the offer is good and depending on the country, it is not uncommon to get a tax free salary, housing, 2 round trip tickets to one's home country for the individual and their family, in essence your major cost will likely just be food!
I would suggest using your own checks for I-485. This way, once USCIS will cash your checks, and if you have online banking - you will see the receipt numbers on the back of the checks. This way you will be able to see your application status right away. It was very critical (at least for me) during June/July tsunami of applications, as I received the actual receipt pretty late.
Also, don't count on that EAD, it will be safe to invoke AC21 only after 180 days and having approved I-140. You have good chance to have your AOS adjudicated. In this case you will have to stay with your current employer for at least another 6 months. If you will leave before 180 days and your GC will be approved, then AC21 will not apply and your GC will be revoked.
I also learned a lot on IV :)
First thanks 4 your advice. We'll send 2 separate cheques, one 4 me and one 4 my husband.Is this what U meant when suggesting 2 send "my own cheque"?
Why do U say I have good chance to have my AOS adjudecated? I really needed to hear that. Can U be more specific? Any idea/guess how long could it take to get GC?
About EAD. I 'm on H4, not working yet, that's why I am eager to get EAD. Do U think that there is no chance to get it within the 90 days? My husband is on H1B an he has I40 already approved. He won't leave his job that's for sure.
What "IV" stands for? Where can I found more about it?
And now , since they took over in 2005 they've been talking about reservations, they alligns with Muslim League in south, they support terrorists like 'Taslamuddin', and ofcourse everybody is aware about their role in Amarnath Land Transfer issue. On the other hand there's a party who worked almost for everybody for 5 years. In those 5 years we saw how India started showing up in US media as emerging business leader, that started happening in 2001-2002...You need to give them their due credit. Now you see the western media, they are all lashing out at Indian govt. with 'Weak govt.' charges...It is upto you to decide what kind of politics you want from your politicians. People argue 'But BJP didn't build the temple when they were in power' and my answer is did you want them to do that ? isn't it good that they did not raise controversial issue and just worked on development. Babri Masjid, Gujarat riots etc. are raised again and again by parties who don't have any agenda, but only one agenda and that is to divide and get get votes....
Let me ask you this. I am a Brahmin and should I hand over future of my children to any other party than BJP? What should I read out of reservations for OBCs?
Are you also saying US does not have blood on their hand of innocent Iraqis? Are you saying no innocent was killed in Gaza or west bank?
so you're saying your job was only to start a fight on IV between EB2 and EB3, and you have no ideas?
Also you are continuously making a lot of veiled negative comments againt IV.
for all purpose you and getgc are the same so please read my reply top him and apply to yourselves
and yes those comments against IV members like you (Not IV but just people like you) are NOT vieled comments. They are subtle and i am not sure whether you know anout subtlety or not. But since you say that i am continously making vieled comments ERGO you understand them so my message got across
Now please do not waste my time by replying with drivel. If you have something constructive to say say it or stop responsind. Like the otehr person (GetGC) you might also get a good night sleep
And there is nothing vieled about the above statement, so if i do not se any reply from you i would understand you got it
Going to law school is not for everyone, definitely not for me (fat books scares me :eek:). I like the suggestion by garybanz about getting a qualified opinion. Just so that we know.
Immigration Voice encourages all members to help AILF/AILA's potential lawsuit by joining them as plaintiffs and contribute funds to Immigration Voice. We will actively help AILF or other organizations in this lawsuit to force USCIS/DOS to compensate for :
1. Financial and other damages caused due to manipulation of Visa bulletins out of order.
2. Violation of federal regulations and precedents.
A victory in such a potential lawsuit could in effect may either force USCIS to accept the 485 petitions in July and accept the ones it may deny/return in July.
The outcome of lawsuit cannot be guaranteed but USCIS and DOS are certainly facing a tough fight from us as well as from AILA and like minded organizations.
Please contribute funds as Immigration Voice would need funds to finance an expensive lawsuit against USCIS/DOS should it decide to actively participate in a class action lawsuit.
Good Things about IV
1. IV Core does not conduct its business in the forum. They learnt this lesson a long time ago.
2. All their work is done in the donor forum and behind the scenes by volunteers
3. If they feel that any idea is worth pursuing they invite that person (with the idea) behind the scenes and pursue that idea
4. All the work is done by IV members themselves because they are helping themselves
5. IV members are investing time and money to do work which impacts a large number of immigrants
6. That is a professional way to do stuff and i admire the way work is done at IV
Concerns of IV
1. IV always states about the lack of will of people to do something for themselves
2. IV always states that people just comment on forum but do not step forward to do stuff
3. IV always says that people do not donate enough and without donation a grassroot organization will not survive
What IV is doing wrong
1. IV talks about a holistic approach whereby the benefit to EB community will trickle down and once EB2 will become current EB3 will get benefit of spillover
2. IV is assuming EB2 will become current but with the number of indians coming to USA and number of indian students who will graduate from MS courses in USA over the next 5 years EB2I will always be backlogged
3. Plus we are not even talking about EB2 ROW and EB3ROW demand which could go up
4. Supporting the DV 55k bill to US educated GC applicants on the whole looks like a great plan. Sure here are 55k and here are about 150 k GC applicants. 150 - 50 IS 100 K. So if the bill passes we reduce the backlog by 50 k. Now i will am one of the person who will be getting a GC because i am US educated but my opposition to this bill is on principle
5. What IV has to realise is that it is not only IV members specifically but it is a whole lot of non IV members who are EB3 who have been a bigger person in this whole immigration retorgression advocacy scheme of things till now.
How let me explain. We have seen EB3 persons from 2002 who are still waiting for GC and who are not getting spill over visas because EB2 is using up all the spill over visas. So do you see any EB3 now complaining about the rule change supported by IV and made by USCIS whereby EB2 gets spill over visas. NO we do not see any EB3 complaining. That is because EB3 as a whole understands that that rule in the past being interpeted in a wrong way and the current way is the correct interpetation. Sure the old method gave EB3 some extra spill over visa benefit but the new interpetation caused EB3 to dry up compleletly. Now that in itself is against the very nature of self preservation by definition, But EB3 went along for the greater good
What IV can do right
1. Now we have this 55K DV Bill. This is something different from the spillover (which is law and cannot be changed). This is one time oppurtunity to alieviate the sufferings of EB group as a whole. So can IV which is supposed to be talking for the whole EB community do the right thing here and ensure (with advocacy they are so good at) that IV's stand is that 55K visa are given to all GC applicant from retrogressed countries based on oldest priority date first irrespective of EB2 and EB3.
2. The concequence of such a move is that long retrogressed EB applicants will get relief (Which is one of the point IV talks about in their charter)
3. Sure Many US educated applicants from EB2 and EB3 will oppose this move because lets face it, this move impacts their getting GC sooner. And if they behave like that they are in the same category as EB2 guys on this forum who do not entertain any idea which will impact their getting GC soon.
What wil happen if IV does the above
1. The DV 55K bill will NEVER pass in congress. This along with the other bills we have seen will bite the dust because no one in the current economic scenario would like to see more immigrants (US educated or not)
2. The DV 55K bill will fail but IV would have achieved what it has failed to do till now. Get the support of EB3 community which they claim to represent.
How how does this work. This is a suggestion for discussion NOT a diktat to IV core to implement. If IV core does not allow discussion on this (and moderate this because frankly some of your existing advocacy group members and volunteers do not know what a discussion is and come out both fists swinging) then that is IV core perogative. they have that right since this is their system and they worked hard for it, and they believe what they say is right.
One question i do have for all the members who have argued with me here. Have you seen all the discussion i have participated under and my other posts. Please do that before yelling that i was a member since 2006 and freeloader and all that. You need to do this because if i am you enemy (Scounderal, Liad weed, Anti Immgrant, Future USA etc) then don't you think to know your enemy is better.
On a funny flip side ...............................
How will this be treated by the current members
Ohh He is a liar, cheat, sounderrl, absurer, voilent person, free loader, smooch, weed, Anti Immgrant, future USA and other unspeakable things
By the way guys i am a She not a He
It is a selfish world and nobody is your true or best friend. Amway or no Amway.
My Company filed LC in June 2008.
Assuming my LC is cleared by this year end, I-140 Filed around Jan 2009.
Can i get 7th H1B Year extension, if my company files H1B extension by Feb 2009.
In which cases 7th Year extension will be rejected.
If your LC gets cleared by the year end you can apply for I-140 by premium processing and once that gets cleared your company can file for a three year extension for you.