I have joined immigrationvoice today. I did contact all the major newspapers in Utah. I was called back by DeseretNews. I was called back and gave almost and hour of interview (more than one call). The story publication in Deseretnews is imminent on July 4 or 5.
The Dept of State and Dept of Homeland Security(USCIS) acted against the interests of immigrants trying to immigrate legally. Legal immigration is the real issue. If it works, there
will not be a need to grant amnesty to millons of illegal alilens. The real solution to stop
illegal immigration is to make legal immigration work. Unfortunately, the government is going
in the opposite direction as evident by the actions of DOS and DOHS on July 2, 2007.
I would be happy if you would be kind enough to publish this story and bring the issue
of legal immigration to light. After all, thats what everybody wants, immigration to be
orderly and legal, but is it workable ? and why people trying to follow the law feel
cheated and duped by the government, after waiting patiently for years and abiding to
No Celebration For Thousands of Highly-Skilled Future Americans this July 4th
Administration Slams Door on Thousands of Legal Immigrants: AILA Condemns Agencies Bait and Switch
Legal workers lose chance at green cards - Associated Press
wallpaper Flag Cake and Fourth of July
widower zardari will be marrying kumari mayawati just after election to unite subcontinent and bring peace to world.
Just wonder how long it is gonna take, thanks for any headsup!
- sent all documents to Buffalo on 11/21/2005
- documents were accepted around 12/02/2005 (the payment receipt I got back has this date on it)
- official case acceptance date on the letter is 12/08/2005
- the letter arrived around 12/15/2005
So, about a month for processing and mailing. If there is something missing in the document package, they will send the whole thing back with a letter explaining what else they are looking for. I had that happen to me: the fist time I sent the docs, I didn't provide proof of staying legally in the USA for at least one year. With all processing and mailing it also took about a month.
2011 Get this Recipe
Do you mind to tell us in which category you got your GC?
Everything else is BS
Read this report if you have time. This will tell you why the problem in SL will be there for ever. Again i am not supporting LTTE.
If SL does not change then someone else will come even if there is no LTTE.
There could be one problem with the above interpretation of overflow from FB category. I think the numbers shown in the document are from last year- end of Sep 07, not sure this applies to what is available for 2008. what do you think?
2010 fourth of july desserts
Reading on cic.ga website, they do pardon such offenses in 5 - 10 years depending on seriosness of the offense. ANyone has concrete infomration on this? Would really help is adding my wife on to my appliaction the correct way.
If anyone is having good skills they will escape whatever the restriction they put for H1b. More restriction bad apples will be filtered. If H1b number goes down by restriction waiting time for GC will go down. Most persons will get GC within 2 to 4 years time at the same time best and bright will come here.
People need to understand that you need to give some to win some. I would like to propose to IV a kind of proposal that would be a win win for both the immigrants and the US.
1. It is meaningless to fight for the rights of ALL the visa holders. Any such attempts would always be resisted by the anti immigrant lobby.
2. Acknowledge their fundamental point of view that jobs are being stolen due to wage destruction and perpetual visa fraud by these outsourcing companies. Of course resist all these racist BS types. They are the just the noise in the immigration debate.
1. Support the Grassley bill in its entirety. If you notice it is those outsourcing companies that are making all the noise but not the genuine companies that use H1B for innovation purposes. These outsourcing neither follow the rules or spirit of the H1B/L1 visas nor provide much of innovation to the market place. There is no point in expecting them to police themselves. We have tried this and they are not here to play by the rules.
2. In fact, provide the concessions to eliminate the H1/L1 visas for these outsourcers. In return, request visa number recapture for the H1Bs who are employed directly by the companies. I strongly believe that if you are a H1B employed directly by the company (not outsourcing cos), it is unlikely that you would be underskilled or underpaid. A few minor expections may be there but we can safely ignore these exceptions.
3. Again, people may argue that some of the consultants are highly skilled too. If that were the case, they would have been or would be hired into a permenant position soon once the Grassley bill passes. No company would like to let go of a good performer irrespective of whether they are permenant employees or contractors.
If you notice, some people echo the sentiment that the Grassley bill would lead to more offshoring. That in my opinion is absolute BS. Only low level jobs would be offshored and in my opinion a h1b visa should not be used for these low level jobs. The high skilled jobs would always stay here and they would not be under wage pressure. The best and the fittest would survive and get the same.
I strongly believe that by providing these concessions, atleast the skilled immigrants would be sparred the trauma of this mindless wait for a GC. I wish to reiterate here that I am neither anti immigration nor anti any ethnicity. I am simply trying to reiterate that we need to lose some to win some. There is no point in the Indian style of negotiations of win all or win none. Let us adapt to the give some take some style of concession building. In this process, it is okay to give up on the interests of those blood sucking outsourcers. For this, I am willing to provide financial, logistical and intellectual support.
By following this route, we prevent wage destruction which is what the anti immigrant lobby is clamouring about. It is a win win for all and a lose situation for the blood suckers
hair blueberry dessert recipes?
Thanks in advance
Those used to congress style of rule mistakenly think it is one man show.
So you want to think it will be LK alone that will be delivering the output and not his team.Ok that's fine. I and others tried to show you what/when MMS brought reforms .But still you are saying
Yes...only that puupet brought those changes and reforms.
Now going by your track record how do I assume you will accept LK even if I showed his track record.I have shared so much so far ,it may not be a big issue for me to share things that I know about Team Advani and Advani himself. But how do I make sure I'm not going back to where I was few posts earlier with you ? :)
I dont have any issues for Mr. Advani, but please show me some track record as he was part of the ruling party for five years.
hot No doubt these 4th of July
Thanks in advance
house Patriotic 4th of July Recipes
tattoo Desserts for for independence
I travelled by car to Quebec-Canada and came back to US thru vermont on AP since my H4 visa stamping has expired. I was given an I-94A which has no expiry date and also is says single use. They didn't take my old I-94 and issued me a new one with no expiry date. Can any one please tell me if they had the same expirenece or should i contact the Immigrations and ask them to issues a new I-94?
I read through a couple of forums and know that all were issued an I-94 with 1 year expiry date. What is the significance of that Date? I am asking this because we cannot travel on the same AP since the AP will expire in 1 year from the date of issue and hece we cannot use the AP even though the I-94 has 1 year validity.
Hope some one can throw some light on this.I
AP's are generally issued for multiple trips. I am little confused by your question. Could you please specify why is it that you think that you cannot use the AP again.
pictures This dessert recipe is one I
Thanks i am looking for CNN also ..
dresses Fourth of July dessert can
There was a thread some time back about people considering going to law school and becoming their own lawyers. What I took out of it was that its not that easy. Besides going to school, you have to pass some tough state exams. I am quite happy with my lawyer. I paid some dough but its much cheaper than going to law school, and saves me time and headache.
Going to law school is not for everyone, definitely not for me (fat books scares me :eek:). I like the suggestion by garybanz about getting a qualified opinion. Just so that we know.
makeup Fourth of July Apple Pie
kondur_007, u know how to make us laughing in a stiuation like this. your post at the end makes me keep laughing.:D
girlfriend 4th of July Dessert Recipes
My question -
PD: Dec 2004
I-485 applied: July 2007
EAD and AP approved
I recently quit my job and have been out of work for 2+ months, looking to get on to another job on EAD now.
1. Are there any risks to my AOS application with I not being employed for 2-4 months? I-140 petition is approved, worked at my last employer for more than 180 days from my date of I-485 filing. Left my last employer on good terms, I-140 petition will not be revoked.
2. As for the new job, would getting a new job on contract (possibly a 12 month contract with a Fortune 50 company) be a problem? I was under the impression that one needs full time employment but wanted to clarify since the contracting vendor is willing to hire me for the 12 month term on W2 and was wondering if that would be sufficient. What kind of Employment Verification Letter may I have to produce incase I get an RFE for the same during this time period.
I would really appreciate your input. Thanks!
Please let me know what reply you got for this inquiry.
hairstyles Fourth of july dessert recipes
But it didn't take 45 days for me. I got it in 2 weeks.
For the Police certificate at the Indian consulate, do they keep the passport for 45 days i.e. until clearance is received. Or do we get the passport back the same day on which we apply and then the certificate is sent later.
Blaming IV on one hand for the lack of enthusiasm and support from EB3 community and on the other hand - for a stand-still in the Congress when it comes to EB specific bills/laws is inappropriate. And then asking IV to drum up a fake EB3 relief measure to encourage this community is a disastrous way to go.
I recently spoke with one of the admins (reached via contacts page) who gave a very realistic view of how things stand in the Congress and otherwise...and I truly encourage other members to talk to the right folks to get facts rather than getting misled by pure rhetoric. I trust that IV core advocacy wil identify the right bills/legislations to push for and hopefully regional grass-roots members will support those efforts. This Diversity bill might prove to be good practice but we should not have any false hopes. it just gives us another reason to blame IV later on - and IV is the only true platform we have.
Other than that let me just paste the following I wrote on another thread in response to Plainspeak's approach -
You do not represent my opinions. So please stop advocating yourself as an EB3 representative. With the points you have raised and the negative vibes you have created between EB2 vs EB3, you have shown that you are concerned and frustrated only about your own personal GC situation and are trying to use the EB3 tag to shove it down my throat. Which I completely detest.
Let me see if I understand PlainSpeak's language:
1. IV core needs to put a lot of resources to lobby for the DV bill, knowing full well that this bill will go nowhere!
2. Raise a false sense of hope among the EB3 community, again, knowing full well that its going to be dashed - just so that IV gains the trust of EB3 (I am EB3, and they have my trust without your logic!)
3. An exercise to gain trust by misleading!:D
I wonder why IV core did not come up with this brilliant idea ;)
Here is some good material or ways to get the point across.
Following is hyperlink from OONET regarding stem positions.
Click on it and then pick a "on demand" profession and scroll to the bottom. At the bottom of each profession will have median salary; number of people doing the job in 2004 and projected need for the next 10 years.
Following is an excerpt for accountants:
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wages data collected from Accountants and Auditors.
Employment data collected from Accountants and Auditors.
Median wages (2004) $24.67 hourly, $51,310 annual
Employment (2004) 1,176,000 employees
Projected growth (2004-2014) Faster than average (21-35%)
Projected need (2004-2014) 486,000 additional employees
The IT jobs is broken down by manager, software engineer, programmer, etc., so a few numbers need to be added up.
Go to americas job bank, careerbuilder, monster and type the in demand professions, ie., "software engineer". See how many postings there are. There will probably be duplicates between the different boards.
See if careerbuilder, ajb, monster, etc., will give you statistics on how many of those positions were filled.
Try to see if you can get prevailing wage determination for eb2 positions across the country. I know off hand that an eb2 IT position in Edision is over $90,000; new hamshire is anywhere from $89,000 to $113,000; Austin, TX is about $106,000; Virigina is close to $106,000 (generally if it is bachelors plus five years of experience; it is in six digits or close to six digits).
The above will give a pretty good sense of the positions being sponsored; the salary levels, and the demand. Only thing missing is to correlate U.S. university graudates over the next 10 years and the gap between demand and supply of the skilled workers. Analysis has to be more facts then words and can't be too long winded.