[cross-posted to "ask attorney section" as well]
My spouse (Indian citizen) has received an RFE for her derivative I485 application.
Her birth certificate has a different first name than her passport. We had filed the birth certificate and an affidavit from her parents attesting to the change. But that doesn't seem to be sufficient.
The RFE states:
"Your birth certificate indicates that your first name is XXX and not YYY. Please explain and submit additional documentation in support of your claim".
"Copies of the personal pages in your passport OR affidavits are not sufficient to establish a legal name change. Court documents submitted as evidence of name change must have been registered with the proper civil authority".
We now plan to submit the following:
1. Court Affidavit filed by my spouse's father at that time of legal name change, at age 3. This affidavit was before a Sessions Judge in India. This was the legal process of changing her name at that time.
Will this be sufficient? We don't understand what it means for a court document to be registered with the proper civil authority. Can you please advice?
2. My spouse has a Certificate of Age, Domicile and Nationality issued by the State Goverment of Maharashtra that refers to the new first name and also refers to the birth certificate as well, as proof.
Will that count as sufficient "registration with civil authority"?
I would appreciate if someone who has gone through this issue would comment on the proper ways of addressing this.
Hourly Rate/Salary per Annum: 40 per hour
Year of Experience: 6
2011 Visit the Google Blog Search
ACC TO SUBJECT: CHILD STATUS PROTECTION ACT: ALDAC #2
REF: (A) 02 STATE 163054 (B) 02 STATE 123775
If the principal applicant adjusted status in the U.S. and a derivative is applying for a visa abroad to follow-to-join, then the date on which the derivative will be considered to have sought LPR status for purposes of satisfying CSPA Section 3 will generally be the date on which the principal (acting as the derivative beneficiary's agent) filed the Form I-824 that is used to process the derivative's following to join application. Therefore, in cases involving a derivative seeking to follow to join a principal who adjusted in the U.S., the derivative can benefit from the CSPA if the principal filed a Form I-824 for the beneficiary within one year of a visa becoming available (i.e., within one year of the case becoming current or petition approval, whichever is later). The instructions to Form I-485 (the adjustment application) advise aliens adjusting status in the U.S. who have derivatives abroad to file a Form I-824 for such derivatives, and the I-485 Form indicates that that Form I-824 can be filed simultaneously with the Form I-485
(READ MORE FROM http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/cspa.html )
I NEED HELP AND I THINK THERE IS ALWAYS AN ALTERNATIVE OF THINGS.
IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY ANY ANY ANY WAY???
CAN THEY APPROVE IF I REQUEST THEM ?
WHAT IS the way out?
now the Nebraska service center is processing June 8, 2008. so based on the priority date it is processing all the applications that are current and have been filed before June 8th. Now let us say they take an application and start processing it and suddenly the PD goes back and I am not current any more - what do USCIS do. Do they just stack it back or what do they do. any thoughts.
That is a request that I have heard plenty about. I will try my best to find some time to create some examples of all this, and it is very unfortunate that we haven't documented some of these cool things properly.
Thanks for all the work you do here. I am certain all of this keeps you extraordinarily busy. I appreciate the follow up and look forward to your demos.
2010 Google Blog Search Gets Faster
I mean I know I need to go speak with the dept that handles intl students in my school?
But, like, any pointers or information to please assist me?
Any constructive information/help, will be useful!
Also, I am looking into getting into graduate school within the next yr to yr and half!
If you graduated 1 year ago and was no longer a student in this last year, and did not apply for OPT before graduation, then you are already out of status - your F1 status ceased when you graduated. Moreover, your I-94 most likely said D/S. So the I-94 covered your stay only during the time you maintained F1 status. So you have been accruing illegal presence time. 6 month of illegal presence would trigger 3 year ban on reentering US; and 1 year or more would trigger a 10 year ban.
The prudent thing for you to do is to go back to your home country, and come back with a proper VISA.
hair The Richmond Group
1. WIthdraw application - not sure repurcussion of this.
2. Respond to RFE with mentioned reason which can have following outcomes
a) Appoved - (good i will be more than happy)
b) Approved with consular processing - (I dont want to travel at this point of time outside US)
c) denied - (not sure)
3. This case goes to DOL and there may be investigation or indent of revoke sent to my employer. Can this happen?
Here are my questions
1. Senario 2.b. If I get "Approved with consular processing" do I have to travel to India for stamping immediately or just get new I94? What will be my current status then? What if I decide not to join the new employer?
2. Senario 2.c. If I get "Denied" what will be my current status?
3. What should I do so that I am not out of status and I dont have to travel to India for stamping?
4. Scenario 3, Can this happen?
Any response will be appreciated. Thanks!
hot The Richmond Group
there is really no rhyme/reason - as to what/why/how/when uscis is doing anything !! (Atleast I dont get it)
house Google Blog Search als
tattoo Google Blog Search BetaGoogle
pictures on Google search results
dresses Google Offers A Peek Into Its
makeup You can ping Google Blog
It is very important to keep your salary/wage consistent with what's in your approved Labor/I-140.
If you accept the employment with lower salary using AC-21 and if any RFE comes for Employment verification then you will not be able to respond to the satisafaction of USCIS on why you are working on the lower wages.
Hope this helps you understand the importance of keeping job position and slary level consistent with what its in your approved labor.
another option is to start the process all over again with lower salary, but with onging PERM/I-140 backlogs who wants to go thro' this hell again???
Bottomline stay with your consulting employer, why in the world you want to accept the lower salary???
You are EB-2 and the way dates are moving now for EB-2 you might get your GC soon....if the client is forcing you to come on board as PERM try to convince him that its a matter of another 5-6 months before you get GC and then you can accept his offer if you are looking for the job stability versus wokring for a consulting employer.
girlfriend Google Blog Search Stats
Thanks to any suggestions.
hairstyles Has Google Blog Search Really